Friday, October 13, 2023

Week of October 9th-13th

I hope everyone had a great week! This week our focus was on Community Helpers. We focused on the letter Cc, the number 7, the color blue and the shape of a star. On Monday, we read "Helpers In Our Neighborhood". We began talking about what a community helper is and what kinds of jobs that they do. I began assessing some of the students for their first quarter report cards to see what they have learned in this first couple of months of school. On Tuesday, we read "When I Grow Up". During center time, we worked on identifying the letter Cc, coloring inside the lines, finding pictures that match the letter c sound and tracing and forming our own Cc's. Each kiddo also got to share what they want to be when they grow up! On Wednesday, we read "Hooray for Our Heroes!". During center time, I worked one on one with each kiddo to continue assessing what they have learned in the first quarter of school. I am so proud of the progress that these kiddos have made already this school year! I know they are going to continue to grow as the school year progresses. I cannot wait to see how they continue to grow and change this school year! On Thursday, we read "Let's Go to the Fire Station". I continued to assess the students! On Friday, we had our fun and fitness Friday! We learned a new game called "Cat and Mouse" or some people call it line tag. I unfortunately did not get a chance to take as many picture this week due to assessing, I am sorry about that! Enjoy some of the photos that I do have! I will see you all on Monday! 

As our Fall weather has seemed to arrived, I encourage you to practice with your child putting on and taking off their own jackets and sweatshirts. I would also encourage having your child practice flipping their sleeves inside out and zipping their jackets. Independence is a big first step in their school careers!

 Important dates in October:

  • Friday, October 13th is the end of the first quarter. 
  • Friday, October 13th begins the braided bread fundraiser. This fundraiser will end on Thursday, October 27th. 
  • Friday, October 20th is our field trip to Beyond the Barn in Loose Creek! 
  • Friday, October 20th report cards will go home. 
  • Tuesday, October 24th is our monthly praise assembly. 
  • Wednesday, October 25th and Thursday, October 26th will be parent/ teacher conferences. 
  • Thursday, October 26th is an early out. We will dismiss at 1:10 and there will be no after school care. 
  • Book orders are due on Thursday, October 26th if you would like to order anything. 
  • Friday, October 27th is a no school day. 
  • Tuesday, October 31st will be our Halloween party. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

That's a wrap!

 I want to start off by saying thank you! Thank you for trusting me with your most prize possession this school year! Together, we have lear...